Is there some way to lash these cables together?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thudpucker

Reaction score
from the motor to the Foot pedal are the two heavy cables. One electric, the other the steel steering cable.
My cables are separated. Laying by themselves. (did a photo come through?)complete except for prop.jpg
Id like to find a covering for them. One I can screw on or slip on without taking both cables loose at one end and feeding them through....

Anybody have the right idea? :lol:

Easy, go to any carparts store. Get some 1" black wire loom cover. It's split right down the middle. You push wires into it and then twist the cover so the split is in a spiral. Works great, is easy and lasts a long time. for added pretection tape or wire tie it every foot or so.

YOU ALSO CAN TAKE A SECTION OF OLD SOFT GARDEN HOSE AND SPLIT IT LENGTH WAYS SLID IT ON THE CABLES AND TAPE HERE AND THERE OR TIE STRAPS AND IT WILL PROTECT THE CABLES AND ALSO HAVE A SMOOTH SURFACE.

MOOSE

I would zip tie the wires together, then put a loom over them. I doubt the loom itself will be strong enough to hold the wires (one is likely going to sneak out at some point), so the zip ties (which are like Marine Duct Tape BTW) will solve that issue.