My winter project...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han: the red and yellow lights are just trailer lights i picked up at walmart for a few bucks, the blue ones are led's i got at walmart in the automotive accessory section for 10 bucks a pop, they arent led threw the whole strip, i think its just two at each end with a bunch of reflectiveness in between, the nav and stern lights i also got at walmart i think 12 bucks a pop, but they didnt have the "female" connection for the stern so i hack sawed the end off and just wired it straight through. You can check out my wiring scheme on a previous page... and i will add it was a pain in the balls to do all the wiring, esp in sub freezing temps in the garage, but well worth it once i flipped each switch and they all worked!

Sweet boat. It is amazing how much these boats with seats removed, strengthen up when the decks are added.

Made a lot of progress over the last two days, got the front deck on and carpeted, added some stainless steel cup-holders i salvaged from work, and some rod holders made from 2 inch black 48 degree elbow pvc fittings and mounted the pedestal seat... still to go: four more rod holders (excessive? maybe, but i like being able to stick my rod somewhere in any position im in... that didnt sound right, you know what i mean.) - a knife/tool holder i also salvaged from work - transducer mount - hatch doors for front deck - hose clamps in various spots - touch up paint blems - vinyl decals - go fishing.

and of course, the pics:
front deck cut-
n1253654379_279690_9874.jpg

Holes for cup holders and rod holders-
n1253654379_279689_7058.jpg

Glued and ready for carpet -
n1253654379_279691_2472.jpg

Stapled up -
n1253654379_279692_5155.jpg

n1253654379_279693_7846.jpg

n1253654379_279695_3562.jpg

n1253654379_279696_6302.jpg

n1253654379_279697_8990.jpg

n1253654379_279698_1741.jpg

n1253654379_279699_4556.jpg

n1253654379_279700_7361.jpg

n1253654379_279701_49.jpg

Nice job. Does side of your boat flex when using the trolling motor being mounted where it is? That is close to the same place mine was, and the side of the boat flexes if pressure is put on the tm. I have not used it in water yet, just lowered it and wiggled it.

Wow! You are making my boat look bad. I have the same model, I think exactly. Great idea on using the metal bins that went under the bench seats as liners. Make me regret throwing them out! #-o

I just wonder about the weight. Thats what it will come down to. I am still trying to lighten mine up, I have full decks but a console and I used pretty heavy ply. Its a little low in the back.

Nice job. Does side of your boat flex when using the trolling motor being mounted where it is? That is close to the same place mine was, and the side of the boat flexes if pressure is put on the tm. I have not used it in water yet, just lowered it and wiggled it.

Not that I've noticed, obviously i did climb into it and pretended i was on the water on a nice summer afternoon :wink: but everything seemed solid when i tried it out.

I agree with Peter Griffin(from Family Guy).Freakin sweet!

Let us know how stable she is in the water.
It'll be some time yet as everything is still frozen here... I know she's gonna be a little tippy. I'll prob have to try and keep my center of gravity low when making my way up to the front seat, but once centered over the middle of the boat, i think it'll be fine as long as i dont have too many beers and start leaning to one side... I wasnt really looking to build a casting deck I could do laps around, just something to plop a seat on, and give the boat as a whole a nice polished clean look by hiding everything underneath. I'll prob fish the majority of the time sitting in that nice comfy seat, standing on occasion. When i land a fish, i'll just get on my knees to get her out. Before I started I jumped up on the bench seats to see what it would be like, and while it did rock when i threw my weight around, it wasnt enough to prevent me from starting in on my project.

I just wonder about the weight. Thats what it will come down to. I am still trying to lighten mine up, I have full decks but a console and I used pretty heavy ply. Its a little low in the back.

Im not TOO worried about the weight, I did go for some 1 x 3's instead of 2x 3's in areas to save SOME weight, and also used 5/8 ply instead of 3/4, also saved some weight using the tin hatch compartments instead of having to build them out of wood... Also, I did make sure I was distributing the weight as evenly as I could, so it wouldnt be front or back heavy. BUT there is only one way im gonna find out! :?

I know this is an older thread, but potentially very helpful to me! Does anyone have a way to make the photos work??

Older? The dust from the original posters bones was lost decades ago. The pictures as well :mrgreen:

Abraham said:
Older? The dust from the original posters bones was lost decades ago. The pictures as well :mrgreen:

Haha I figured as much! I was hoping the OP would come back from the dead to update!!

Latest posts