Today may be the day... Xpress 1546D

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will empty down to the waterline even when off plane. :wink: If the bottom of your livewell is even with the waterline (as it is in my boat), you are golden. My drain port is actually below the waterline when I am on the front deck but the bottom of the livewell is at the same level. It drains.

I knew I was forgetting something when I had the boat uncovered this weekend. #-o

Wow, you are a lot more patient than me! It would be killing me to wait like this. Cant wait to see it cleaned up.

ilinimud said:
Wow, you are a lot more patient than me! It would be killing me to wait like this. Cant wait to see it cleaned up.

I tell ya, Russ is being a patient man. If it doesn't dry out soon I think we're going to have to get the Georgia guys together and go over there, grab a corner of the boat and walk it out of there for him.

poolie said:
ilinimud said:

I tell ya, Russ is being a patient man. If it doesn't dry out soon I think we're going to have to get the Georgia guys together and go over there, grab a corner of the boat and walk it out of there for him.

You have no idea how much this is killing me... my boat will be gone next week - and I have a tournament on the 30th of this month. I'M DYING~!!

poolie said:
ilinimud said:

Maybe do it...4 guys should handle it,maybe 2 if you don't mind the odd curse word.

Good find Russ, I see you have an Eagle Mag 3 on the front, see if it and the transducer works, if not, and you want to stay with a Mag 3, I have one here with your name on it, not sure if you wanted to upgrade it, they are any older unit.

Thanks Shamoo... I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep it - even if it works. I might put it on the back, but I've got a new Lowrance HDS-5X that I've been using on the front for the last couple of months.

I guess I'm a little slow. I just found this post. Looks like a nice find. I'm truly amazed how people take care of their stuff. I guess some people were jusr raised by wolves. Tires O.K. on the trailer to get it home?

I hope so... I tried to move it to look at where they were sitting, but couldn't budge it.

there's a store pretty close to get more if need be - especially since the drive back home with it will be nearly 2 hours

poolie said:
ilinimud said:

LOL....LETS GO FOR IT RUSS!!!!!

bassfisher6 said:
poolie said:
ilinimud said:

LOL....LETS GO FOR IT RUSS!!!!!

Guys - let me introduce you to the guy who bought my boat - he's also a member of our bass club.

Don't worry man... a few more days and you'll have your very own boat! :beer:

Welcome aboard bassfisher6! Another Georgia boy! We're taking over :)

russ010 said:
Guys - let me introduce you to the guy who bought my boat - he's also a member of our bass club.

poolie said:
Welcome aboard bassfisher6! Another Georgia boy! We're taking over :)

russ010 said:

'Bout time. Those Pennsylvania folks were starting to bother me......

What town is the boat in right now?

yea, it's on the eastside of Athens... but a truck won't pull it up that hill that you have to go down to get to it.

I'm going to call her later to see if she will try and get her friend to pull it out this weekend (but it's supposed to rain again....) - so I'm going to tell her my bro-in-law and I am going to come and get it with his Rhino (side by side) and then pull it home.. Then I can start working it just to be fishable for Lathem. Otherwise bassfisher6 and I will be fishing that tournament in his "new" boat with 2 livewells- one for him, and one for me

You gotta drive by me to get to Athens....let me know if I can help.

I've got a tourney on Sat.

ahh - it won't be this weekend... I've got drill so I'll be heading back to South Carolina tomorrow, but thanks.... I'll get my bro's recon and go get it first of next week.

But then again - I'm slammed at work for the next 3 weeks. We've got audits coming up first week of June, so I've got about 6 files I have to put together.... and on top of that I just got a new submission whose quote is due at the same time. Last year during this time, I went in at 6am and left at 9pm including weekends... so I won't even get to do any work on it.

ok im behind. nice find russ. no doubt this will be a build to follow. as far as your livewell idea, ill share with you what i plan on doing. im going to use a cooler and the same basic aerater design that you use. im going to cut a whole in the bottom of the transom and run pvc pipe to the livewell and attach it on the bottom of the cooler where the cooler drain is.there will be two ball valves, 1 just in from the inlet and one right before the cooler. this will be gravity fed. i will cut a whole in the side of the boat above the water line for an overflow and also to allow me to use aerater pump to pump out livewell. here is a crude pic of the livewell. i hope this somewhat makes sense

Attachments

• livewell 1.JPG
    livewell 1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 568
Status
Not open for further replies.