What are you storing on your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ebug

Reaction score
Hi guys. Been coming here for about a year and have been amazed at the work you guys are doing on your boats. Absolutely amazing.

I see many of you are redecking your boats and adding a lot of storage space to your builds.

My question...what are you storing on your boat in all those compartments?

I only ask because my Grizzly 1754 SC only has one large and one small compartment which seems to hold all my gear minus rods. I feel like I have everything I need but are curious what else everyone is keeping in their boats that I might should consider.

Thanks for your time.

Rob

Slotted bow compartment - 8 tackle trays

Bow hatch compartment - Bow running light, (2) life vests & 1 throw-able, fire extinguisher & the blade section for my 2 part oars.

Middle compartment - 2 trolling motors, circuit breaker, terminal blocks for accessories

Side compartments (not yet completed) - Oar tubes, fenders, rain gear, small toolbox, spare prop, steel cable stringer, rope, rod holders

Rear compartment - Fuel tank, Rear running light

And that's all on a 14' boat...

I don't have a lot of hatches on my boat, but I'll tell you what I carry on a regular basis:
-net
-tool kit with spare plugs, screwdrivers and wrenches
-2 stroke oil, qt. and a mixing bottle
-spare bilge pump
-shear pins for my trolling motor
-2 fire extinguishers
-anchor
-2 dock bumpers
-1 throw-able and 2 vest PDF's
-small trash can
-approx. 30' of dock line

6 life jackets... (4 kids, me and my wife)
Medium sized tool box (size of a large shoe box)
Anchor
Bow and Stern lights
Line
Carp shooting Bow
Gimp
Extra Clothes

Similar to most above. A muckboot for wading at launch and a coffee can with magnet and rope also.Small firestarting kit and minimal survival and first aid stuff.Spare sunglasses,reading glasses,bug dope.Crutch tips with sheet metal screws through them for slippery launches.

I have a Tracked grizzly 1860 cc. Mine only had one storage compartment up in the bow. That box is where the 2 batteries for my trolling motor go. Which left just a little room for an anchor.

I have since added more storage and have them filled too.

I bring an anchor and rope
4 life jackets
2 paddles
Extra prop
Ammo can (plastic) full of tools
Probably 5 bags of tackle and one large tackle box.
Throw able cushion
2 stroke oil
Funnel
Bow and stern lights that are now tucked away

muckboots or hip waders are great to have for those launches that are too shallow & have no dock

I have a few hatches on my boat, some of what I have on board:
-tool kit with spare plugs, screwdrivers and wrenches, VOM, fuses, tape, cable ties
-2 stroke oil, qt. and mixing bottle
-spare cotter pins
-spare 2 gal of gas
-spare squeeze bulb for fuel line
-fire extinguisher, whistle, flares, paddle
-2 anchors, anchor lines
-spare rope, 50ft
-dock bumper
-1 throwable and 2 vest PDF's
-5 gal bucket, minnow bucket
-2 dock line
-net, rod holders, lure retriever, towels, fishing pliers, couple knives plus all my fishing stuff (endless list here)
-transom and bow lights for night
-fish finder, compass
-battery charger
-bug spray, sunblock, beer coolers, 30 qt cooler, flux capacitor
-pee bottle
-spare bilge plugs

My G3 1656 CCJ has two storage compartments in the front deck

Port side
Softsided tackle box
GoLight remote navigation/spotlight
Hand held spotlight
Machete
Folding saw
Thermacell
rain suit

Starboard side
2 life jackets
rope ladder
trolling motor handle extension
Umbrella holder
fire extinguisher
adapter for lug nut locks
registration, owners manual
TP

I also have one of these "https://firstmateorganizer.com/FirstMate_Organizer/Welcome.html" that has my bug spray, sunscreen, shad keeper, pliers, knife...etc.

Well let's ee. My XP18CC really only came with one large storage area under the front deck. In it I carry One huge Plano tub with essential items like Bino's, TP, spare knife, 1qt oil, a few tools and a some other misc stuff. Then there's no less than 8 tackle trays, fire ext, collapsible oar, front and rear nav lights, three PFD's, throwable,and an anchor w/rope. Under the console I have two TM batt's. I have the cooler in front of the console for drinks and food. I have provisions for mounting a 120qt cooler, or bait tank, just behind the front deck. 120qt cooler if we're keeping a lot of fish, or bait tank if we're live baitin'. Under the rear deck is the factory fuel tank, cranking battery, and another battery box with tools and such in it. I also added three tackle webs for catching trash and holding tackle trays while on the water.

Thank you all for your input. I see a common thread in all of your post that I had not thought about and that is spare parts. Being a fairly new boat I had never considered break downs. Fate has a way about it and I should rethink what I have on the boat.

Thanks again for all of you valuable input.

Rob

My 03 G3 1860 came w a small bow storage area under the front deck, the rear hatch is full w 12 gal. portable fuel tank and 2 batteries. I have a flat plastic briefcase type tool kit in there. I had room to spare in the cockpit so I added a large home made box attached to the front deck while adding to the area of the deck. I have a cooler that fit's in there along w a spare fire ext. paddle, 2 anchors/ropes, 2 throw cushions (also seats), outriggers, net, extra drinking water, sunscreen, bug spray, spotlight in padded case w bowlight. spare fuses and bulbs for the lights. The 4 life jackets fill the factory hole.

DSCN0274.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0277.JPG
    DSCN0277.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 823
Tool kit
Spare.spark plugs
spare prop
spare fuel line
life jackets
rain gear
bug spray
knife
anchor
extra rope
spare drain plug

Rear Bench Hatch
-Tool Kit which contains every size socket, wrench, screwdriver etc. I would need for engine repairs. Also holds some spare spark plugs, electrical tape, emergency whistle, zip ties, spare impeller key and sleeve, etc.
-Small dry bag which contains spare fuses for every fuse on the boat/motor, registration, matches, lighter, fire starters and first aid supplies.
-Spare drain plug
-Cell phone charger and plug for on board MP3 player

Bow Deck Hatch
-Rod holders
-Towel
-Tackle Bag
-Extra duck decoys (During hunting season)
-Large dry bag which contains a full set of winter clothes and towel for during hunting season and cold weather.
-Life jackets

front hatch: shoes,lifejackets(2) dual deep cycles (2) tackle bag,weenie sticks, axe,sun umbrella,rain umbrella,tub of rod holders,axle grease gun and folding lug wrench dry box of tools and stuff,2 four piece fly rods in tubes,colapsable paddle and fishing net, box of spare aa batteries and a 120 volt plug in inverter,spare wire and sparkpugs,,rope. rear hatch: gas tank, oil,anchors tiller extension,bonker ,bailing-pee bucket(for the wife).

Anchor, lots of extra rope, pfd's, rain gear/extra clothes, thirsty mate, water, fire extinguisher, couple fenders, first aid kit, extra drain plug, tool kit, Tackle/rods(trip specific).

Latest posts