20' Lowe Olympic Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear from you Whistler, I'm still kickin'....GPS tracker......hmmmmm that's not a bad idea, but most of the time shes with me. My fishing is soooo bad that the stops at the favorite watering hole, are more likely to be at the local fish market! :)
PM sent

Hey hey hey and hi Jerry

Just a workin away on the tinny. Front and back decks are rough cut and spar varathaned!!!. Going to lay out the hatches soon - what size are yours? Tempress 1323? They sure don't give these away!!! Just cleaning - steel wooling - painting - and planning!!! coming along though!!! Post more pictures soon.
Hope all is well with you and yours. Nice chair!!!!

Later
rrawhide

hello , mr. jerry . how have you been? i like the added chair in the rear. i have found some time to work on the boat lately and it it coming along. i need to put the motor on and figure where to mount my rear bench seat. it will rh of center because of the tiller handle. i got all storage under my rear bench... including my gas tank . im going to put battery in front port side under front deck... ttyl...
brian,

I love this boat, a little louisianna flats boat style with the high center consle and flat deck no step ups...I'm workin on a smaller fly fishing boat, but this one looks a lot nice for the mahi and cobia...ever get any of those your way? You got the bigger boat you need to find someone on here with the fishing skills and gas money if your havin troubles findin the fish...no offense just advice...as always Go Gators!

Gators5220 said:
I love this boat, a little louisianna flats boat style with the high center consle and flat deck no step ups...I'm workin on a smaller fly fishing boat, but this one looks a lot nice for the mahi and cobia...ever get any of those your way? You got the bigger boat you need to find someone on here with the fishing skills and gas money if your havin troubles findin the fish...no offense just advice...as always Go Gators!
Thanks Gators5220, "AlumaZilla" works perfectly for the flats near here (12", TM down & motor up) and still has the stuff to
go nearshore. Thanks for the offer too, we have a super fishing club here who's members want to show you where they fish and how to rig. Thats a wonderful experience. It's much like the reception and advise on Tin Boats! :D
Lots of Cobia here. A member got one last week around 48" just 5mi west of there and the Trout bite is off the hook.
Thanks for looking, Jerry

Nice! Cobia tacos are a fav of mine, well tight lines and cold beer...and as always Go Gators!

You been wettin the boat Johnboat? I'm just leavin for Crystal River in t-minus 25 minutes and counting...wish me luck!

Never fear, Jerry will be here! All you have to do is give him a call on his ship-to-shore radio.

Still looking for some action shots of 'Zilla, Jerry.

JBoze said:
Awesome job!
Thanks for looking and commenting Mr. Boze. What part of the country are you in? Boat? Be sure to
fill out your profile so we know a little more about what your interests are..... Jerry :)
BrazosDon said:
Never fear, Jerry will be here! All you have to do is give him a call on his ship-to-shore radio. Still looking for some action shots of 'Zilla, Jerry.
Hi Don! That would be some radio to get to Texas.....You are right though, I have got to get some action shots of the 'Zilla and Kathy is getting very good at moving the boat so I have no excuse. Next time we are on the flats, I promise to get a few. :)
How are you doing on your project?....Fishing? Jerry

Jerry, I am just collecting parts. I got a sheet of 3/16 aluminum diamond plate 4'X10' for $200 and no tax. Bought a brand new "1957" 18hp Evinrude(less than 20 hours) for $500. Looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. I actually worked on the trailer replacing the wheel bearings, races, and buddy bearing caps and also replaced the the tires with new ones. I need to put new bunks on the trailer and get them carpeted. I got some rod holder for my birthday so I got to install them. But you know there is a long thinking process that goes along with any activity when you get to my age. Ha Ha

Jerry, is your boat 1/8" or 3/16" thick side's and bottom? You'll have to check my build out if you have some time... I'm slowly making progress, however your boat Is an inspiration to me, mines 21.09' long haha! you do great work!

BrazosDon said:
You know there is a long thinking process that goes along with any activity when you get to my age. Ha Ha
I have plenty of experience with that phenomona Don. Sounds like you have everything lined up, keep at it. :)
Flat Bottom said:
Jerry, is your boat 1/8" or 3/16" thick side's and bottom? You'll have to check my build out if you have some time... I'm slowly making progress, however your boat Is an inspiration to me, mines 21.09' long haha! you do great work!
The hull appears to be 1/8" thick everywhere, deck included.
Your build is coming along nicely Flat Bottom, I would not know where to start to tackle a project like yours. Keep Hacking Man! :) Jerry

Update on AlumaZilla. Summer is already in Florida so I had to get busy on the Bimini Top
project. The only 75" wide bimini I could find was only 59" tall and I'm 6'3".
It would take some serious stretching. I built a frame on the floor of the garage and mounted the top to it. Next I raised the frame on some 5gal buckets and boxes until I could walk under it and it was the right height for the boat. A local aluminum supplier had the tubing just larger than the original so it
would slip right over. Wish I had taken a few pics to help with this discription. Anyway, it's on the boat
and here is what it looks like.
DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Well as usual a fine job......wouldn't have expected anything else! Your craftsmanship continues to amaze........Geeez what is it that the character Red Green say's " If the women don't find you handsome then they should at least find you handy" Well if that's the case I think with me they need another choice.

This is me! A pretty good one from ole Red Green himself and very much on topic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9h3NqMokmg

fool4fish1226 said:
Sweet that first picture doesn't even look real
Hey F4F, Yep, it's pretty wammy jammy. I hope it attracts fish as good as it looks. :D
It makes the dock look like it's suspended in air...sorry about the fuzzy quality, the exposure was about a full second
and I was trying to brace the camera on the porch rail.

whistler said:
Well as usual a fine job......wouldn't have expected anything else! Your craftsmanship continues to amaze........Geeez what is it that the character Red Green say's " If the women don't find you handsome then they should at least find you handy" Well if that's the case I think with me they need another choice.
This is me! A pretty good one from ole Red Green himself and very much on topic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9h3NqMokmg
That was hilarious Whistler. I always chuckle at the "practical" solutions he comes up with. :)
Thanks for looking and commenting....are you guys doing any fishing?

Man, so many nice projects going on here.
Getting ready to watch the fireworks tonight out in the Gulf, so I had to add an
anchor light just to be legal. It's just above the bimini. Moved AlumaZilla around to
the floating dock and noticed they were the same height...sure makes loading and unloading easier.
DSC003282.jpg

DSC003292.jpg

Hope everyone has a safe 4th...Jerry :)

Latest posts