2009 Tinboats.Net Roadtrip/Rally ---DALE HOLLOW---

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loggerhead Mike said:
wow, for 65 bucks yall mite just turn me on to a cabin :mrgreen:

That was $65 for a cabin with 3 beds - so only $22 per person... Also some with four beds for $85 - $21 per person. You can't beat that........ Larger cabins with more beds can be gotten for as little as $16 per person, with individual beds for each person. Unless you're really into camping, you can't beat the cabin costs with kitchen facilities, a grill outside, etc.

flounderhead59 said:
Now if someone will let me in on where to fish there. That place looks HUGE.

30,000 acres, 600 miles of shoreline - fish anywhere you want :lol: A littler bigger than The Fox Chain, huh?

FishingCop said:
flounderhead59 said:
Now if someone will let me in on where to fish there. That place looks HUGE.

30,000 acres, 600 miles of shoreline - fish anywhere you want :lol: A littler bigger than The Fox Chain, huh?

Uh, yeah. :lol: I guess that's why the pros get time to prefish before a tourny huh?

Captain Ahab said:
Who care about where to fish - I just want to know what time Mrs. Flounder head is serving dinner :p

Capt, you have a one-track (food) mind.. I've seen Flounder's recipies and pics of grilled/smoked/BBQ'd food too - it certainly looks great - but, I wouldn't let it keep me off the water..... :wink:

:idea: Maybe we ought to start a list of lunch/dinner items that all the members can bring along to have Mrs. Flounderhead cook for us during our Dale Hollow outing. Okay with you Andy :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: (and the Mrs :?: )

Well, first off... Y'all will starve if you call her Mrs. Flounderhead and expect food. And I'm pretty sure she is gonna want to fish as well. I'll see if I can convince her to do up some chili though.

flounderhead59 said:
Well, first off... Y'all will starve if you call her Mrs. Flounderhead and expect food. And I'm pretty sure she is gonna want to fish as well. I'll see if I can convince her to do up some chili though.

last count, we were up to forty members signed up... That's a HUGE pot of chili 8) :p

its a huge lake. we didnt have a fish finder last time i was up there, but we'd cruise the coves using live minners, crickets, and jigs when it got alittle deeper. we caught bass, crappie, cats, gills and shellcrackers. now that i have a motor that'll get me somewhere i cant wait to go back way in that lake where its not so pressured. it was late fall when all the leaves were in full color, very pretty place, and the bass where hitting the top water like crazy. wish i could rember the temp's and all #-o . its hard not to drink to many beer out there :mrgreen:

Average Temps for Dale Hollow area for October, also, day-to-day average temps. Definately turns cooler toward the end of the month...

https://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/38549?from=month_bottomnav_fitness

https://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/monthly/38549?month=1

BassNBob said:
What's the format for the outing? Is there a date set yet?

I'm not sure of the "format" - I'm thinking it is come down to the resort, meet other members, lots of fishing, partying, eating/cooking out, (gee, maybe a beer or two :) have a great 2-4 day trip with no particular agenda (but again, that's up to Jim). I personally will be making the trip as a part of a week-10 day vacation with another couple (lgbrkr&hubby). After Dale Hollow, going to fish Norris Lake with in-laws then visit the Smokies for about 2 days or so. But, I suspect most members are just planning on a 3-day weekend fishing trip??? Whatever works - as long as we can get together as a group for the weekend - as Jim said "ASSAULT on DALE HOLLOW 2009"

No date yet, no confirmed location yet. Jim will be making those final decisions, but I have been helping out with some research (resorts, costs, weather, etc.). I'll be in Jellico about the 3rd week of October and I will be taking a day to check out a few of the resorts we have been considering. BNB, you're right there in Onieda, I'll be driving right through there on my way to Dale Hollow - you interested in coming along for the day to visit the resorts first hand? Let me know and I'll give you a heads up as to when exactly I'll be down there.

Any other members in that area who want to come along to check out these places, let me know. G_3 has been there (is Seymour about 2-3 hours away??) and whj812 & Bubba arent too far away. Road Trip!!!?????

Any other members close by????? Let me know.

BassAddict said:
I say we only eat what we catch, whos up for that idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol j/k :lol:

I'm okay with that idea as long as you guys are okay with me catching a bunch of grub from the store.

F/C, just let me know when you'll be coming down and I may ride around with ya'll.

Just a note: The water level is way down at Eagle's Cove right now. I had my car muffler in the water to launch my Jon last week and I had to wade out in the water to get it back on the trailer. This is something to think about if you plan it for late Sept on Oct.

BassNBob said:
F/C, just let me know when you'll be coming down and I may ride around with ya'll.

Just a note: The water level is way down at Eagle's Cove right now. I had my car muffler in the water to launch my Jon last week and I had to wade out in the water to get it back on the trailer. This is something to think about if you plan it for late Sept on Oct.

Good to know, thanks...

See you in October :)