POST YOUR PIC'S FISHING GALLERY.......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We caught a bunch of smallmouth and big bluegills on the upper potomac today. My youngest lost a slob of a smallmouth at the boat. Still had a great day with over 30 smallies boated most in the 12-15" range. Live minnows and live crayfish were the baits of the day.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1694897694004.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694897694004.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230916_103828.jpg
    20230916_103828.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
We caught a bunch of smallmouth and big bluegills on the upper potomac today. My youngest lost a slob of a smallmouth at the boat. Still had a great day with over 30 smallies boated most in the 12-15" range. Live minnows and live crayfish were the baits of the day.
Great job and what perfect bait you had! Here is my catch on a fly rod for last Friday the 15th.

Attachments

• Photo1214.jpg
    Photo1214.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks! It was a good time like always. Lots of wind and rain the first few days that beat us up, but as I'm sure you know, those are the best fishing days!
Crappie are my favorite fish. Lake Eufaula here in Oklahoma is the Crappie Capital of the World. Look up the lake and check out the amount of shoreline. It is mind blowing. Your pics are a inspiration for me to get the boat done.

Crappie are my favorite fish. Lake Eufaula here in Oklahoma is the Crappie Capital of the World. Look up the lake and check out the amount of shoreline. It is mind blowing. Your pics are a inspiration for me to get the boat done.
Thanks Sonny! Crappie are my favorite fish as well.

Lemme give ya just little mo' inspiration...;)

Moosehorn 23 (60).JPG

That is torture. We have a deep fryer run on propane along with a homemade breading. Big white flaked meat hard to beat. Can't wait to get the boat done. Retired and during Crappie season will be out and about everyday. 45 fish in the morning and 45 fish in the afternoon. Lake record is almost 5 LBS. Average fish if you know where to go is about 3 LBS. Can't wait.

That is torture. We have a deep fryer run on propane along with a homemade breading. Big white flaked meat hard to beat. Can't wait to get the boat done. Retired and during Crappie season will be out and about everyday. 45 fish in the morning and 45 fish in the afternoon. Lake record is almost 5 LBS. Average fish if you know where to go is about 3 LBS. Can't wait.
Holy carp! A 5 pounder!!

How is the table quality of those fish? We have a cousin to that fish here in Florida called a Chain Pickerel but these are quite bony so we usually release them.
People eat them. You can fillet them and have little or no bones, however, I find them a bit fishy tasting and I'm not so sure they are fit to eat out of the lakes that are close to a big city. I don't eat any fish from the nearby lakes. Once you get 150 miles north of here, the lakes are cleaner, the fish bigger and more species.

Holy carp! A 5 pounder!!
Crappie fishing Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma is amazing. The lake even with its size does not get a lot of traffic. Twenty or so years ago it was a popular lake but now most people go to Grand Lake. The water at lake Eufaula is stained most of the year and lake facilities are limited. Fishing has actually improve over the years.

Latest posts