How many of you like night fishing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jet Fleas I like that. Understand 100%. I used to work the same hours but now screw it. Retired and loving it. I worked up until I was 64 years old as a welder and now after two hip replacements have cashed in the towel. Most of the time I do not care what day it is being a monday thru friday. Weekends I stay at home and work. Been looking at the inflatables especially for night use.

Jet Fleas I like that. Understand 100%. I used to work the same hours but now screw it. Retired and loving it. I worked up until I was 64 years old as a welder and now after two hip replacements have cashed in the towel. Most of the time I do not care what day it is being a monday thru friday. Weekends I stay at home and work. Been looking at the inflatables especially for night use.
Yes sir I was forced into early retirement after 22 years with the same company. It turns out in the long run we’re just a number. I started in the Construction equipment rental industry in 1986 washing equipment for $4.85 an hour. Over the years I climbed the latter until I managed my own location where I received several accommodations for the highest profit margin. Kept at it and in the end I was a territory manager. Company vehicle. Only had to go in the office around twice a week. The rest of the time I was in the field making sure all the clients where happy with our company. Played a lot of golf. Making commissions and living the dream.
Managed to have enough to live on a fixed budget now. Of course my goal was higher but I’m not complaining. I’m enjoying life. About to take out a boat I just finished rebuilding myself.
I usually fish during the week when I can have the water to myself and stay home the weekends myself and take care of whatever my wife thinks needs fixing.
Yes sir my wife has her dream job so she’s happy and puts up with me and my toys.
Its a great life.

I’m figuring that the boat traffic won’t be bad after dark and its illegal to operate a jet ski (jet fleas) when the sun go down. My son works 6 days a week 12-14 hour days. He’s got the weekend off so we decided to go. I don’t care to go solo on my first night trip. My wife doesn’t like me going myself during the day. I had to promise her I’d have a life jacket on 100%. I used to only wear it when I was running the big motor and leave it sitting there with the lanyard still attached while I fished. But I’m not as young as I was. Only 57. It’s a good idea to where. I’m getting an inflatable for comfort. Plus I want to set a good example for my grandkids.
I never go solo at night, things can go bad real fast.

I never go solo at night, things can go bad real fast.
Fishing at night is dangerous. I stick to terrority I know from fishing or exployering during the day. Even at best you have to have your wits about you and know where your at 100% of the time. This comes from reading the landscape and knowing the area first hand, Would not trust your electronic gadgets for that.

I agree with y’all. I know the lake well. But there are several areas I have yet to explore. On this lake I won’t be far from the ramp at any given time. I know this area close to the dam which is a lite road on it. I grew up 6 miles from there and as a teenager we would get on top of that dam and run our cars wide open. Ill be fishing spots that are drop offs with man made structures in place. The lakes not that big. Depending on the wind direction I have enough room for some decent drifts. As far as going solo I’ve been thinking about it just because of the fact I’ll never be more than 10 minutes from the ramp. That’s at cruising speed in the day which I won’t run much over idle speed at night. You never now. Someone could be out there with dead batteries and no lights.
Not that I won’t be trying really hard to have someone with me. My usual fishing partner that goes with me just got back from up north. He leaves every year for the summer. I’m hoping he’s up for some night fishing. He knows how to fish and is great about knowing what to do in the boat safely.

Fishing at night is dangerous. I stick to terrority I know from fishing or exployering during the day. Even at best you have to have your wits about you and know where your at 100% of the time. This comes from reading the landscape and knowing the area first hand, Would not trust your electronic gadgets for that.
hmmmmm ?? I go into a cove always had center of boat open to accommodate a fold up camping bed if i get tired , they got to swim out to get me.

Yeah, that is kind of scary. I try to avoid any weekend in general.

I'm going to break my own rule and head out this Sunday. We will get there before sunrise and get out before the lake lice hit the ramp.

I had to scratch these plans. They closed a major freeway for re-paving and are re-routing everyone over the bridge I would need to use. All of the freeways leading to that bridge are like parking lots -- No thanks.

They say they closed it over a weekend because weekends have lighter traffic than workdays. Probably true even with a lot of folks working out of their homes on Mon & Fri. They also say that also means they don't have to spread the work over several nights. Also probably true. The brainiacs didn't think about Labor Day weekend being one of the busiest of the year.

Attachments

• 20220912_195422.jpg
    20220912_195422.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 0
hmmmmm ?? I go into a cove always had center of boat open to accommodate a fold up camping bed if i get tired , they got to swim out to get me.
I made the rear bench seat in mine in to storage with three lids that I put 3” foam then marine vinyl. My wife has used it for a bed. Then my floor is completely open until the front deck. I’m thinking air mattress.

My plans are changed. My son is three and a half hours away with a broken down vehicle.
Instead I’m taking my wife tomorrow evening to a bear by power plant lake that’s small. Known for its bass population which are all 2-5 lbs. Every now and then someone will catch a hog. Not known for catfish at all. I fished it five times and couldn’t find any. I didn’t hit the deep water though and the lake is full of deep channels.
where going in the evening and staying after dark for awhile. Going to try to catch some sunfish I can use for cut bait next week after everyone has gone back to work. It’s also full of shad so I’ll be trying to get my net around them. I’m not used to throwing from a boat deck. Gotta be mindful about my footing. If it’s not to late we’ll try drifting some of those channels if I see fish in them.

The deep water should be the ticket.
Go get 'em!
If it is I’m not telling a soul around here. Everyone tells me there No catfish in there but I’m thinking there has to be they just need to be hunted down.
The next catfish lake is over an hour away. It would be nice to catch them 20 minutes away. 😂

Couple lbs shy of state record. We didn't launch untill 9pm to hot and too much holiday traffic to be on the water before then. Still almost managed to run over a kayaker that had zero lights and we were in the 1436 with a top speed of 9mph lol.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1693759126290.jpg
    FB_IMG_1693759126290.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 116542They said the city lake of Henryetta did not have cat in it. Wife's brother proved them wrong. Before he died he got several of this size out of the city lake.
It is his boat am rebuilding. Now you all understand why. One character of many here in Oklahoma. James was a very special person.